Sunday, September 5, 2010

What a wonderful world...

Sometimes you just hear something that touches you, and makes you think to yourself "wow, that's beautiful".

A while ago I was driving home from a rather boring and difficult meeting and I tuned in to my favourite talk-back radio station. They were talking about how expensive it is to die, the cost of the grave site, the tombstone, cremation and even the requirement of a permit to allow the scattering of ashes.

Anyway, this woman calls in and says that she's 85 years old, and her husband is 87 years old, and today they're celebrating their 65th (!!!) wedding anniversary. How fantastic is that?

She then remarks, "we don't have time to think about dying and cremation and all that stuff, we're far too busy being in love and enjoying our lives together".

Now, how beautiful is that that an 85 year old woman can say she's still in love with her husband.

I hope that's me in another 50-odd years or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment