Friday, October 15, 2010

It's the little things...

I was driving home this morning after dropping my son off at school and the traffic was just murder.

I have 2 favourite radio stations that I listen to in the car; one's a talk back station and the other is a classic rock station. I was listening to the talk back station and they were banging on about a report prepared by the Murray Darling Basin Authority. I'm not up on the detail yet, but it's got something to do with water allocations, irrigation and the like and our farmers.

I'm going to research this more and write about it because on the surface it appears that our farmer are being royally screwed over, and our farmers are one of the keys to this country's success as a nation.

Anyway, I was actually over listening to it all as they'd been talking about the issue for a couple of days and my mind just needed to switch off....I get information overload and simply can't absorb anything more when that happens...so I switched over to my classic rock station.

I'd creeped forward no more than perhaps 2km in the space of about 25 minutes (I'm really crappy at judging distance), and I was at a halt.

I'd adopted my "thinking in the car" pose and I was just kind of staring out the window but looking at nothing in particular.

A man drove past me in the opposite direction. He was moving, albeit quite slowly.

He looked straight at me, smiled and said "have a great day".

I was so surprised that I giggled, and said "thank you. You too".

It really brightened me up and I had a smile on my face the rest of the ssslllloooowwww drive home.

It's the little things like this that make humans people....or should it be that make people human?

What ever it is, it was a great gesture, so thank you anonymous man!

No comments:

Post a Comment