Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bits and Pieces...

Back to it....well, sort of.

I started back at work this week, although I'm wondering why I bothered.

All the consultants are back, but a large majority of the tradies aren't coming back till after the Australia Day long weekend.

And I just got an email from one of the consultants I'm currently working with on a project, and he's off from today until next Tuesday, so really I should have just extended my own holiday as well.

I think that's something my husband will need to consider moving forward.



I was watching a show on TV last night called Olive Kittridge and as I was watching I googled it and discovered that it's based on a book.  I said to my husband that I'd like to buy the book, and he made some smartarse comment about me always reading.  

Well, I am in a reading frame of mind at the moment, but I'm not always reading, otherwise I wouldn't have a stack of books 10-high that I need to finish.  Seriously.




If you look closely you may see that a number of these books have bookmarks in them.  I've commenced reading probably half of the books in my unread stack, but for whatever reason have put it back down again, unable to complete it at that point in time.  I find that I need to be in a certain mood to read some books....it's like I need to be drawn to the book and feel compelled to pick it up....like it's calling me. 

I guess if I extended my annual break I'd have more time to fit in a few more books.  This break I completed reading a book called Outliers, and I started and completed the Hunger Games trilogy, and I also read a book that my husband bought me for Christmas, called Chasing Shadows (written by a Sydney lady), and I've just in the last few days picked up and commenced my most favourite book, Thick Face Black Heart, for the umpteenth time.  Again, I feel compelled to read it.  I've read it a dozen times, yet something inside me is telling me to read it again, so I am.

So, instead of ordering the Olive Kittridge book (which is what I'd usually do) I added it to my "Books To Buy" list (yes, it's an actual list I keep).  There are now 17 books on that list.  I doubt I'll ever get to them all, though.


Till next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment