Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Whinge, Whinge...

Some people who may stumble upon this blog may read it and think that all I do is whinge. 

I sometimes think that all I do is whinge...but for crying out loud...I wouldn't whinge if people didn't give me things to whinge about, now, would I?

Sometimes I really wonder whether I'm properly equipped to handle my job. 

I've got some clients at the moment and they are a challenge to say the least.  The fact that it took one year from initially meeting them to eventually entering in to a contract should have been a clue (but we all have 20-20 vision with the benefit of hindsight, don't we!).  But I actually enjoyed that whole process; that cat and mouse, too-ing and fro-ing dance that we did.  It's just everything after that that I can't stand.

Yet another reason it would be best if I got back into property development.

Either that, or expanded the business so much (soon!) that I could employ a CRM person to handle the clients once I've gotten them past Contract.

Now that I think about it, I'm not equipped to do my job.  Perhaps equipped is the wrong word. 

To put it simply, I don't want to do one of the roles I'm doing now.

I don't want to look after clients.  I'm happy to bring them through the sales process and to the point of about to start contruction (ie, contracts signed, deposit paid), but after that, I'd love to hand them over to a "pom-pom" girl...someone who can act as their cheerleader and advocate and handle their every little query, concern, request, etc.

That person is just not me. 

I'm quite OK with dealing with issues that need to be escalated, but not the little bits and pieces of daily stuff that needs to be dealt with during a build.

Let me just continue developing my relationships with architects, project managers and other work sources and get the work in, and I'll be happy.

Till then, I'll really dislike a number of aspects of my job.


Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment