Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Murphy's Law and other bits...

I've had a funny start to the week this week.


On Friday I had my regular fortnightly session with Simon and he was having a go at me because I haven't done any of the internet  marketing stuff that he set for me to do.


I've been saying to him for quite a while that I think all this internet stuff is bullshit and all this Adwords stuff is just ridiculous (not to mention so freaking complicated I'm flabbergasted that anyone can make any sense of how it all works!).


So, after my little rant and refusal to do the things he's asked of me, Murphy's Law just had to stick it to me.  I received 2 random enquiries from the internet.


Of course, it just had to happen to me.


But, I still stand by my opinion for the moment.  Now instead of completely against it all, I've opened myself to the possibility that it may be beneficial in some small way.


The jury is still out.




On another front, I'm really, really starting to become worried about what the future holds for me.


We've recently had Kell & Rigby go down, Reed Constructions is goodness-knows where, the Nahas site near to me has been abandoned for several months with rumours they're also on the brink of failure and there are a couple of other companies that have either failed or are on the brink of failure (whose names all escape me right this moment) and this morning another heavy weight of the construction industry, St Hilliers, has gone into Voluntary Administration.


http://www.smartcompany.com.au/construction-and-engineering/049712-construction-pain-continues-as-st-hilliers-placed-in-voluntary-administration-after-funding-failure.html


So, I ask yet again, if these boys can't make it with all their collective wisdom, experience, know-how and contacts, what hope does small-fry like me have?


You know, I haven't analysed the data but it really wouldn't surprise me at all if we were in a recession.  But the media and the government are just too darn scared to mention the "R" word.  Grow some balls people and stop pretending everything is OK...because it's not.  This country is become more and more f'd up by the day and it is very, very upsetting!




Till next time...
  




1 comment:

  1. Lol, has the jury come back in yet? I hope everythings running a little smoother, recessions a b*tch!

    We wish you all the best with what you're doing hun. Keep it up and let us know how you're getting on!

    www.onthemarquis.com x x

    ReplyDelete