Sunday, October 20, 2013

Almost a day in my life...

It's Sunday, about 1.00pm and I look around my house and start to withdraw into my own thoughts.

Here's what I was thinking about:

7.15am - get out of bed, wash my face, brush my teeth, greet my children and ask what they want for breakfast

7.20am - start brewing an espresso for myself and hub

7.25am - start cooking a ham and egg breakfast for son and start preparing cereal for daughter.  Sip on espresso whilst cooking.  Start to hear signs that hub is up

7.35am - start cooking egg and mushroom omlette for my breakfast

7.40am - sit down and eat my breakfast.  Hub walks in and greets family.

7.50am - hang out washing that I'd programmed to start in the machine at 5.30am

8.00am - unpack dishwasher, get clothes for kids, get dressed myself

8.15am - start packing dishwasher and clean the kitchen

8.35am - put another load of washing in the machine

8.40am - can't remember what I was doing at this time, but various short conversations with children and hub take place whilst in the middle of doing odds and ends

9.00am - hub takes son outside to do some tackling practice.  I go and watch for a few minutes

9.10am - I announce that I'm heading out to do a small grocery shop and leave

9.25am - I arrive at shopping centre and shop

10.45am - I arrive home and commence bringing in grocery bags from car.  Find hub and children inside, children playing around and hub sitting on his red chair on computer watching youtube videos.  TV on in the background.  Hub offers to help with bags which I accept

10.50am - I commence unpacking grocery bags and putting away groceries.  Hub resumes sitting on his red chair watching the computer

11.05am - I've finished unpacking groceries and notice alot of natural yoghurt in the fridge so resolve to make frozen yoghurt for desert for the kids

11.10am - bring in first load of washing that's now dry and commence hanging out second load of washing that completed its cycle whilst I was shopping

11.30am - unpack dishwasher for 2nd time

11.35am - commence making frozen yoghurt mixture

11.45am - put frozen yoghurt mixture into churning machine

11.50am - re-pack dishwasher for 3rd time today

11.55am - try on pair of shorts that I bought this morning

12.00noon - general tyding up of the house

12.20pm - frozen yoghurt ready so scoop it into a tub for freezing but dish kids and hub up a small bowl each as a treat

12.30pm - empty contents of freezer and start defrosting it (old fridge/freezer and hub left the door to the freezer open overnight last week and it created crystals everywhere....really gave me the shits because I'd only defrosted it a week beforehand)


So, that's what I was thinking about....everything I had done, finished, accomplished since I'd woken up.  From then till now went something like this:

1.15pm - freezer re-packed and start washing all the dishes that don't get washed in the dishwasher.  Look at hub and make mental note he has not moved since he helped me with groceries....start wondering how soon after I left to go shopping he actually plonked his fat arse on that stinking red chair.  Start mentally reviewing my day and this timeline.  Notice my tomato seeds have started to sprout (little experiment to see if I can grow tomatoes....I can't grow herbs, but maybe tomatoes are different?)

1.15pm - get something to eat for the kids and start weighing and cooking my lunch

1.40pm - I finally sit down (first time since I sat and ate breakfast) and eat some lunch

2.00pm - start constructing this blog post

2.20pm - (right now!!) about to wind up this blog post.  Note hub still sitting on his fat arse on the computer.  I mentally review what else I need to do today:


  • Wash daughter's hair
  • Get school bags ready
  • Iron school uniforms
  • Cook dinner (home made hamburgers)
  • Have a shower and wash my hair
  • Make sure all school notes have been read and responded to where required
  • Prepare school lunches for tomorrow
  • Get kids off to bed
  • Take computer into lounge room so I have some company whilst I enter our business accounts into MYOB


What will he be doing tonight?

Well, I'll take a bet he'll be sitting on his fat arse on his red chair watching the computer or the TV.

Someone shoot me!


Till next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment