Monday, September 25, 2017

Where the wind takes us...


A friend of mine made a comment on a social media post I'd made prompting me about my long neglected blog.  Of course, he didn't need to make the comment for me to know I have a blog in desperate need of attention for it's crossed my mind many a time.  I'm just busy.  And tired.  Come 8.30-9.00pm most nights and I'm spent with no energy to do anything.

So, it's been almost 2 years....what's happened?

Well, alot's happened, but alot remains the same as well.

Remember that commercial job I mentioned in my last post?  The one that we finished and the clients decided not to pay us?  Well, it ended up all the way in the Supreme Court where judgement was awarded against the client.  Because they're the ones who owed the money to us (as a result of a previous judgement) and because they're the ones who applied to have the Supreme Court hear their appeal they were required to deposit the judgement amount in to the Court's trust account.  The court released the funds to us within hours of the judgement being handed down.

Of course, the money is good to have, but I'm still sad (even after this long) that the relationship is gone.  Our sons are still in school together.  I still see them around the school circles that we mingle in.  And it upsets me that things aren't - can't be - the way they were with these people.  I'll never understand why they did what they did.

We finished the commercial job we got in the CBD fringe.  It turned out beautifully.  It's kept me personally quite busy.  Working on securing the next opportunity now.  We did have a beautiful job lined up, again on the fringe of the CBD - an awesome re-vamp of a high-rise building plus the addition of a few floors on top - but the client died and now we need to wait for the family in-fighting to end before works can commence.

I'm still at the gym working hard.  But I've uncovered a self-sabotage aspect to my personality.  Twice I've gotten myself to the point of being reasonably satisfied with the way I look, and then I'll go about and un-do the hard work I've done by stopping exercising and eating with complete abandon.  And the real odd thing is that I don't realise I 'm doing it until a few weeks later and kick myself in the butt and press the re-set button.  I'm just ending one of these self-sabotage stages now.  It started 10 weeks ago when I was knocked off my feet for 4 weeks with the flu.  Then for the next 6 weeks I just couldn't be bothered!  So, back to the gym this week (and suffering for it - I'm so sore tonight).

TRS 2.0 still hasn't been launched.  I haven't had the $$ to do so unfortunately.  But I'm still working on it very, very slowly.  It has social media presence now.  And it turns out that the husband isn't as supportive of it as he'd originally led me to believe.  All he thinks about is himself, and what will happen in his business!  I guess I can understand that to a degree.  But still, he's gotten to the point now where he just rolls his eyes at the mere mention of TRS 2.0.  I'm over him. I'm over his business.  It's honestly causing me mental health issues that I've found myself dealing with.  Nothing extreme, but there's definitely a degree of depression lingering around that I've found difficult to shake.

And there you have it, my friends, two years in a very small nutshell.

I'm going to try and keep TTWP a little more updated moving forward....let's see how we go.


Till next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment